Jan 14, 2014

Dogs Need To Be Love


Do you love your dog? A loving relationship is a two-way commitment. If you don’t love your dog, then how can he love you? He may be bonded to you for food, shelter, or fear. We wouldn’t call a human relationship based on any of those things love, and so it is the same with dogs. Dogs are highly attuned to human social cues. They don’t just enjoy a symbiotic relationship with us; they are our social partners. So if an owner has a positive view of her relationship with her dog, perhaps a higher frequency of positive interactions will occur between the two, leading the dog to reciprocally perceive a close relationship with its owner. Who doesn’t love to be greeted by a dog who acts like you’ve been gone for a year? I know my dog loves me when I get home because she jump all over me even after she’ve been fed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment